North Shore is a district of Sydney that is situated on the other side of the harbour, which is north of North Sydney and Sydney City. Roughly North Shore stretches from the northern edge of Sydney Harbour uo to the Hornsby Plateau.
The North Shore suburbs are not what they sound as they are inland from the Ocean and do not really have any frontage on the harbour.
There are plenty things to see and do in North Shore, including great walks, parks, modern shopping malls, zoos, cinemas, and a fantastic array of restaurants, bars and cafes.
What to See
- Taronga Zoo – Has great views of Sydney Harbour and is a great place for the whole family to spend a day out. There are daily seal and bird shows together with some great tours. The zoo has a vast array of native and exotic species and all can be seen from the air if you partake of the zip lines and suspension bridges.
- Luna Park – The park is a great entertainment precinct for young and old to enjoy, the big top plays host to many events and you can ride the authentic Ferris Wheel. Luna Park is for fun loving families to have a great day out.
- Wendy Whiteleys’s Garden – An unofficial garden that has been overlooking Lavender Bay for nearly a quarter of a century. This secret garden is one of the most iconic Sydney destinations all tourists must visit.
What to Do
- Reserves and Parks – There is a long list of parks and reserves that can be found in North Shore including, Balls Head Reserve, Blues Point Reserve, Berry Island Reserve, Cremorne Reserve and Headland Park, Bradfield Park, and Lane Cove National Park.
- Shopping Malls – The area around Chatswood is almost one large shopping mall, with great outlets such as Westfield, Lemon Grove, Mandarin and Chatswood Chase all offering great shopping featuring major chains and independent stores.Chatswood Chase is the place to go for upmarket goods and designer clothing.
- Restaurants – North Shore has a great variety of places to eat, from five star dining experiences to fast food outlets, the choice is totally yours. Some of the best restaurants are: Qmin, Curry Lane, Makoto Sushi Bar, Burnt Orange, Seri Malaya and Gourmet Pizza Kitchen.
- Bars and Pubs – If you like the occasional drink then head down to the Chelsea Hotel, Gilroy’s and the Great Northern Hotel.
- Cinemas – Keep up with the blockbusters of the day by visiting one of the three cinema options available, Chatswood Cinemas has two multi-screen alternatives and if you head to Hayden Orpheum Palace you can watch your favourite movie in a wonderfully restored old theatre.
If you are in a small group then one of the best ways of getting about North Shore is by minibus, as it is quick and convenient. First Choice Charters offer a great minibus hire service as part of their superb group transportation services in Sydney.
If you are thinking of taking a trip to visit North Shore why not contact First Choice Charters today and book one of their great modern vehicles.