We are aware that seniors prefer to take their time and thoroughly enjoy their seniors holiday tour or excursion. That is why First Choice allows plenty of time on their day tours for breaks and browsing through souvenir gift shops.
Our drivers are true professionals, fully accredited and specially trained to look after your every need. Our experience of the Hunter Valley is without parallel and below is a suggestion of a five day tour that you may want to select parts of to create your own tour itinerary.
Itinerary for a Hunter Discovery Tour
- Welcome aboard!! Time to board the luxury coach and start your wine journey, to the Hunter Valley which is Australia’s oldest wine growing region.
- Spend the day visiting outstanding wineries and sample the wonderful wines and superb food.
- See the wine being made and learn all about the fascinating industry.
- Stop off in Cessnock and learn all about its colourful past, and the people that shaped its history, the pioneers, convicts, miners and vignerons.
- Travel over to captivating Port Stephens and have fun in the blue water wonderland.
- Cruise out on the waves and see dolphins chasing the prow of the boat, and if you are travelling in June and July take a whale watching cruise.
- Take your time strolling along golden beaches, paddling in the warm surf of crystalline bays.
- Start the day at Barrington Tops, and luxuriously travel through wondrous landscapes of the Upper Hunter Valley and stop at scenic towns like Singleton and Muswellbrook.
- See thoroughbred studs in the back roads on the way to Barrington Tops National Park.
- Walk through the stunning rainforest, stopping to enjoy a BBQ or picnic for lunch.
- Travel down to charming Lake Macquarie and perhaps take a cruise on the largest salt lake in Australia.
- Most cruises include morning tea, a delicious smorgasbord lunch and learn all about the lake and the interesting features around.
- The final day will take you to the grand buildings and churches of Maitland, and explore the legacy of all the colonial days.
- After Maitland you can travel to Morpeth, which was once the busiest inland port in NSW. Now it has changed into a village of arts ‘n crafts and a roaring antiques trade.
The above tour is just an example of a schedule that First Choice Charters could arrange for you and your party. Why not contact us today and speak to one of our experienced, friendly advisors who can chat over what you require and what are your options.